Guest Code of Conduct
Freedom Hostels are open to all travellers, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or political persuasion. However, all guests staying at our properties are expected to behave in a manner that does not prevent other guests from enjoying their stay. The expected behaviour of guests is classified into the criteria below and these comprise the Freedom Hostels Guest Code of Conduct.
As you will be sharing facilities and possibly a room with other guests, you will treat other guests with respect at all times allowing them the quiet enjoyment of our facilities and services. Freedom Hostels will not accept:
- harassment of any kind including sexual, racial or religious harassment
- guests with a notifiable, infectious disease
- excessive noise
- excessive consumption of alcohol
- anti-social, disruptive or aggressive behaviour
- poor personal hygiene likely to cause offense, or
- guests allowing an unauthorised person to access guest-only areas of the property.
Guests must not undertake any unlawful activity in our properties. Staff members may notify the police of any suspected unlawful activity. This may include:
- sale or possession of illegal substances
- wilful damage to Freedom Hotels’ property or the property of others
- assault or intimidation of any person
- theft of personal belongings, including labelled food left in guest kitchens
- fraudulent activities
- smoking on the premises, and
- interference with fire protection measures.
To operate effectively for all guests, Freedom Hostels have a range of operational procedures which all guests are expected to follow. These include:
- presenting photo identification at check-in
- adhering to checkout times, and
- payment in advance for accommodation
At times, our staff may be required to issue further instructions to guests. Freedom Hostels guests are expected to comply with any reasonable request made by staff members. Aggressive or threatening behaviour towards staff will not be tolerated at any time.
Failure to meet the Freedom Hostels Code of Conduct may result in any or all of the following outcomes:
- the manager or staff members requesting the guest to leave the premises (without refund)
- refusal of future entry to other Freedom Hostels properties,
- the police being called.